Today I’m sharing a recipe that contains one of my favorite winter warming spices, turmeric. I sprinkle turmeric on everything these days: in my morning tea, on my oatmeal, in my soups. You name it and I’ve been adding turmeric to it lately.
Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties while traditionally; turmeric milk has been used to fight colds, congestion, headache and sore throats.
I tend not to wait until I get sick to drink turmeric milk. I find it soothing to drink after dinner about an hour or so before bed as you begin to wind down for the evening. It’s just sweet enough when you’re feeling like your body “needs” a little something more in the evening, while the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and warmth of the milk leave you feeling completely nourished and relaxed.
Cozy up in your favorite slippers and pajamas and sip away!
- 1 cup unsweetened organic nut milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp grassfed ghee (I used Fourth & Heart Madagascar Vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt and ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a sauce pan
- Continuously whisk together over low heat being careful not to burn
- Heat for approximately 15 minutes
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon