December 1 officially kicks off cookie season, right? If you're looking for a gooey, melt-in-your-mouth healthy alternative to your favorite cookies, I have you covered with these Collagen Trail Mix Cookies. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
Baking holiday cookies is one of my absolute favorite activities this time of year. Let me know in the comments below if you end of making these cookies and bringing them to a holiday swap.Print
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew butter
- I use Artisana Organic Cashew Butter for a fluffier texture
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour I used Bob's Red Mill
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tbs tapioca flour
- 1 tbs ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of chocolate trail mix ( I used Prana Organics )
- Run coconut oil jar under hot water to melt
- Combine melted coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Add cashew butter, vanilla and egg and whisk together
- Add in remaining ingredients except the trail mix and whisk together
- Once we’ll mixed, gently fold in trail mix.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree
- Remove dough from fridge, roll into balls and place on a double lined baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and bake on the top half of the oven to prevent the bottom of the cookies from burning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes for a gooey center.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- The type of cashew butter you use matters. The creamier the cashew butter, the fluffier the cookies.