- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew butter
- I use Artisana Organic Cashew Butter for a fluffier texture
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose gluten free baking flour I used Bob’s Red Mill
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 1 tbs tapioca flour
- 1 tbs ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of chocolate trail mix ( I used Prana Organics )
- Run coconut oil jar under hot water to melt
- Combine melted coconut oil and coconut sugar. Mix well.
- Add cashew butter, vanilla and egg and whisk together
- Add in remaining ingredients except the trail mix and whisk together
- Once we’ll mixed, gently fold in trail mix.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree
- Remove dough from fridge, roll into balls and place on a double lined baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper and bake on the top half of the oven to prevent the bottom of the cookies from burning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes for a gooey center.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
- The type of cashew butter you use matters. The creamier the cashew butter, the fluffier the cookies.