grain free, gluten free, dairy free
- ½ cup walnut butter
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbs maple ghee melted
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbs Kakato High Fiber Sweetener
- 1 tbs unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbs hazelnut flour
- 3 tbs cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Chocolate bar to melt on top (optional) I used Lilly’s Dark Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a small cast iron skillet with coconut oil, set aside
- In a small bowl, mix together hazelnut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- On the stovetop gently warm walnut butter and ghee until melted. Stir until combined.
- Pour into a separate bowl. Add egg white, maple syrup, applesauce, Silver Fern Brand Kakato , coconut milk and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Gently fold in walnuts.
- Spread batter in your cast iron skillet
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until just barely set. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate