Need a quick meal prep lunch or dinner idea? Try these gluten-free Italian style turkey burgers.
I’ve been writing a lot about the connection between the seasons, food and lifestyle lately but sometimes we all need to keep it light so today I’m getting back to the basics with a quick and easy recipe.
I tend to do most of my meal prep on Sunday evenings as the mornings are usually devoted to shooting recipes so I’m always looking to recreate easy and healthy takes on classic recipes.
For my weekly meal prep, I focus on creating two main dishes that contain protein, lots of vegetables, complex carbs and healthy fats that I can eat for lunch or dinner. I usually eat the heavier dish at lunchtime when our digestive fire is strong.
Protein releases energy slowly, which helps stabilize blood sugar. It is also one of the most satiating macronutrients, meaning it signals to the brain that you are full.
Growing up, I always loved my family’s traditional Italian meatball recipe so when Crunchmaster approached me about including one of their products in a recipe, it was the perfect opportunity to create a new dish inspired by my family’s recipe. I chose to make burgers with this recipe but it can easily be turned into turkey meatballs.
To replace the breadcrumbs in a traditional Italian meatball recipe, I used the Crunchmaster gluten-free, non-GMO Rosemary and Olive Oil crackers. The base of Crunchmaster crackers is rice, quinoa, sesame and flax and combination of the crackers and the egg help keep the turkey burger from falling apart. The chickpeas help create a fluffy and moist burger.
You can top the burgers with a paleo-style mayo for healthy fat, beet sauerkraut for gut health and serve with gluten-free bread.
- Blend crackers into a fine mixture
- Set aside into a bowl
- In food processor mix eggs, chickpeas, olive oil, all seasoning and cracker mixture
- Process until well combined
- Add in turkey and process on low, until well mixed together. Do not over process or turkey mixture will become to smooth
- Turn oven on to broil
- Form turkey mixture into patty shapes
- Heat a oiled cast iron skillet and cook burgers for 4 minutes on each side over medium heat
- Remove burgers from heat and place in the oven
- Place skillet on middle rack and broil on high for 7 minutes
- Serving Size: 5
Thank you Crunchmaster for sponsoring this post and thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.