- Olive oil spray
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large bundle asparagus, trimmed
- 2 large leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups firmly packed baby spinach
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sprouts, micro greens and asparagus for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spread asparagus onto bare baking sheet.
- Lightly season asparagus with Chosen Foods Olive Oil Spray(or similar), salt and pepper. Gently toss to coat thoroughly.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat. Once hot, add 2 Tbsp oil and shallot, garlic and leeks. Season lightly with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Reduce heat if garlic begins browning.
- Add peas, vegetable broth and almond milk and season with salt and pepper once more. Cover and simmer on low-to-medium heat for 15 minutes until the peas are vibrant and bright green in color.
- Add spinach until it begins to wilt and remove from heat.
- Transfer soup to blender along with asparagus (reserve some for garnish if desired). Blend soup until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer back to pot and bring to medium heat and simmer, whisk and reduce heat to low.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper if desired.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Garnish with asparagus, micro greens and sprouts.